Monday, July 8, 2013

June 21- Wapiti Shelter to Pearisburg, VA (mile 613.2 to 630.8)

Today is the summer solstice, therefore it is National Hike Naked Day. Will and I did not participate. That would be awkward! We were happy because we were approaching town and thought, 'Good, we didn't see any naked people.' But, turns out, there was a man approaching us. I noticed he had no shirt on, so I quietly said, 'Oh, crap, Will! He's naked!' and I turned away really fast. Will, on the other hand, was not so lucky and got an eyeful! Hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this day. Don't think I would feel comfortable ever hiking naked. Luckily, you didn't run into many naked people on the trails. Since I'm bedrest at home now since the surgery this gives me time to catch up on your travels. It sure sounds like you guys are having the time of your life. Stay safe out there, and thanks for the well wishes and prayers! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to Sturgis. There are some people who should only be naked in the dark! lol

    ReplyDelete