Monday, July 8, 2013

June 26- Pickle Branch Shelter to Johns Spring Shelter (mile 691.1 to 704.7)

We stayed at the shelter late because we we talking with our friends. Hiked to Dragons Tooth. Climbing up up was easy, but the thought of climbing back down terrified me! Will climbed all the way to the top! I didn't want him to go up there, but I knew he would anyway.
We climbed up the part below where I am standing. You put your back against one side and your feet on the other and 'walk' up the rocks that way!

 
Will is more daring than I am!



We climbed down the Dragons Back luckily before it started raining. And by that, I mean poured. We learned a lesson about sticking with your hiking partner because our friends Salamander and Poptart got separated and kept chasing after each other in the rain.

Later this day we almost got attacked by a cow. It was like he was a thug, standing on the trail with his cronies behind him, saying, 'Do you wanna go past me! Huh? Do ya? Wanna fight, bro? Do ya?' He kept stomping his foot. His buddies got tired and walked away and he realized he had no back-up, so he let us go by, with a look that said, 'Just this once.'

1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures! Funny comment about the cows!

    ReplyDelete