Monday, July 8, 2013

June 30 - Wilson Creek Shelter to Cove Mountain Shelter (mile 734.7 to 748.5)


We stopped at Bobblets Gap Shelter where there was a very nice privy. It had a clear roof so there was light inside and you didn't have to wear a headlamp. It was clean, not having a bunch of spiders in it. If the nice privy is the highlight of our day, you can see that this part of the trail isn't so exciting. Not so good for Rachel.



Rachel and I almost walked past Cove Mountain Shelter, so we thought Will, who was hiking ahead of us a bit, may have missed it, too. I yelled for him, but heard no answer. So I blew my whistle. Will, who was actually in the shelter, scolded me and reminded me that the whistle is for emergencies. We said, 'It WAS an emergency. We didn't want to have to hike any further to find you!'

While making supper, Rachel spilled her noodles on the floor. Now she experienced first hand the sad feelings I had when I spilled my Mac and cheese a while back. Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment