Sunday, May 19, 2013

May 17 - Gopher Creek to Walnut Mountian Shelter

The best part of the day was Max Patch. Absolutely gorgeous! Talking to other hikers later we found out that it's more beautiful when you have to work for it, instead of walking up from the parking lot by the trail head. Will and I want to bring the family back here in the fall when we are done. Great place to just sit and look. Picnic!

We hiked like beasts. We are steadily picking up our pace. I guess I can go faster than I thought I could!

Will and I figured out the REAL flavors of Kroger brand Beef Jerky. Teriyaki is Vegetable Soup, Honey Barbeque is Lasagna flavored and, best of all, Original is Child's play set bacon covered in dried dog slobber.

3 comments:

  1. That is NOT good advertising for Kroger jerky! Lol! Looks like a view better than our 'on the way to boating VIEW'! Makes me so happy that you want us all together to visit this place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that, Emily -- Luke might really like the Original, since it tastes like dog slobber! :) Deb

      Delete
  2. I just can't get past the smell of beef jerky! It smells like the dog treats we give our dog Sadie. Otherwise, I love the pics you've been posting. We sure don't have anything like that here in Indiana, do we?

    Kathy Lucas

    ReplyDelete