Friday, May 31, 2013

May 23, 24, 25 - Hogback Ridge to Sam's Gap (Erwin, TN)

It was cool and rainy during the night, so I didn't want to get up. Even though we were planning on walking 3 miles down a road to get breakfast.

Will was feeling sick and had probably caught the norovirus. So we decided to hike down to the road and get a shuttle into town rather than be sick in the woods.

We got a lesson in how to stomp mud off your shoes the Indian way by the Hotel owner. Will gave up and just took off his shoes and carried them to our room.

Will felt better the next day, but I felt like I was going to throw up the whole time. Luckily I didn't. I slept most of the afternoon though. Will did laundry.

The third day we both felt better but we wanted to play it safe and take it eazy another day. We ate at the Hawg-N-Dawg, which had pulled pork stuff. I had a pulled pork grilled cheese sandwich and Will had a beef hotdog with pulled pork and coleslaw on it and he had a grilled cheese pulled pork sandwich. I had a strawberry shortcake dessert and Will had some pretzels.

After that we went to the grocery store and looked like hobos walking back to our hotel room with all these bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment