Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 7 - NOC to Sassafrass Gap Shelter

Dad, Will, and I drove down yesterday. Had Mexican for dinner. Left the car at the hotel in the morning and had a taxi take us to were we left off.

We hiked 7 miles up hill. Had to crawl under a fallen tree, which was fun. I thought I could just squat down under it, but the tree had another ideas and pushed me on the ground.

We got to the shelter pretty early in the afternoon, but too late to go to the next one 9 miles away. So we had to stay there and relax. Oh the horrors! The new thicker sleeping pad I bought while I was gone is amazing! I kinda feel like I'm cheating.

3 comments:

  1. Cheating because you are laying on an INCH thick shoulder-to-knee air mattress? Yeesh! I would never make it as a hiker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's full length and an inch and a half... Thats cheating.

      But then again everyone else has them.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Mary. I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete