Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April 24 - Franklin, NC - First Zero Day

I slept like a rock. In the good kind of way.

We watched tv. Ate breakfast. Dad shopped while I attempted to catch up on my blog and Facebook. We unpacked our backpacks and reorganized. Ate lunch on the patio of this awesome dog friendly restaurant called Motor Co. Grill. The food really was great. I had a BBQ burger and Mac n Cheese. The best part being that they, without being asked, brought out some water for Luke and also told us that they do sell food for the dog to eat. Which may sound stupid, but is actually great if you have been cooped up in hotel room because restaurants don't like dogs.

Dad also bought me a peanut butter milkshake! :D It was soo good.

Because we came in a night earlier than our friends, we ended up at a different hotel. There are a bunch of hikers that we have never seen before here. And they are partying and drinking in the room above us. Earlier I was asked if I wanted any wine.

Lets hope they opt out for the 11 o'clock shuttle back to the trail instead of the 9 so that we can get waaaaay ahead of them.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a great refuel spot for all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!

    I love you guys!

    Love,

    Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great people to accommodate Luke! (Must have different health/food laws than we do here in Indiana -- or maybe the owners are just rebels!) I was listening to Revelation 21 today since it will be used in the Pastor's message, and the measurements of the New Jerusalem caught my attention -- "and he measured the city with the rod,fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal." The first thing I thought was that you all will have no trouble walking the length and width of heaven! peace.... Deb

    ReplyDelete