Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 6 - Abington Gap Shelter to Damascus, VA

VIRGINIA! :D!

When we know we are hiking into town, we seem to fly down the trail. The promise of real food is a great motivator!

We got a room a this cute little inn called "Hikers Inn", if you are ever in Damascus, stay here!

We layed around and eventually took showers. Had a great burger and a sad peanut butter shake. Come on guys, I want my tongue to stick to the roof of my mouth with the amount of peanut butter!

Laundry. Permethrin for our clothes. Bought a new fuel canister, we cut it close, I'm surprised we didn't run out! Looked at new shoes, mine are falling apart.

I do not like karaoke. It's like the worst thing ever invented! Stop. Please stop singing. No.

We went to Blue Blaze for dinner and, if you can guess, there was karaoke. Gross. On top of that our server basically ignored us for an hour before taking our order. Wonderful. Atleast my sandwich tasted good.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you just haven't heard the right person sing yet. When you do, karaoke can be fun. Wow, wearing thru your shoes already? I could imagine walking so much that my shoes wear out.

    ReplyDelete